Gear up for the 2018 Fast Trax "Beat the Blues Boogie Loppet" on Sunday March 4th, hosted by the Strathcona Wilderness Centre.
The tradition continues with this year’s edition of the "Beat The Blues Boogie", raising funds in the name of Roger Tetrault, with all entry fees donated to the Alberta Cancer Foundation.
This year we will be doing something for our dear skiing friend Julie Witten-Land who has been diagnosed with Stage 4 Breast Cancer. Presently Julie is starting Chemotherapy and potentially some alternative medicine to cure this disease.
Instead of donating all entry fees to the Alberta Cancer Foundation we will be donating the proceeds form the event to Julies GoFundMe Page hoping to raise funds for her cancer treatments.
This is a fun race to keep up the spirit of the season; the event is free technique, with a classic track for the sit skis and little striders.
In the spirit of fun and everyone gets a prize, everyone that registers for the BTBB will receive a Fast Trax pom pom toque and a draw prize when they pick up their bib, there will be no awards at the end of the event just a fist pump and a piece of liquorice and you are on your way!
We will also have a number of suppliers out setting up tents in front of the SWC Skiers Lounge to demo products.
Supplier Tent City - 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
• Salomon with Phil Villeneuve
• Madshus with Mike Cavaliere
• Swix & Fischer with Vaughn McGrath
SWC will be providing a free smokie to every BTBB participant and volunteer starting at 10:30am out front of the Day Lodge.
• 2 km Free Technique, 1 x 2 km loop: Jackrabbit / Bunny Boys & Girls
• 4 km Para 2 x 2 km loop: Sit Ski Sport, Para Standing
• 4 km Skate 1 x 4 km loop: Youth Boys & Girls, Para Standing, Sit Ski Open
• 8 km Skate 2 x 8 km loop: Junior & Open Men & Women, Para Standing, Sit Ski Open
• 16 km Skate 4 x 4 km loop: Open Men & Women
• 24 km Skate 6 x 4 km loop: Open Men & Women
• Open Men - 20 and over
• Open Women - 20 and over
• Sit Ski Open - any age, LW 10-12 class
• Para Standing – any age, LW2-9 and B1-3 class
• Junior Men - 16 to 19
• Junior Women - 16 to 19
• Youth Boys - 15 and under
• Youth Girls - 15 and under
• Jackrabbits / Bunnies - 11 and under
*Youth, Junior and older Jackrabbits may register up categories
• 9 a.m. bib pick up @ SWC Skiers Lounge
• 9:55 a.m. race briefing at start line
• 10 a.m. race start
• Wave start by distance
• Start area is on Fox trail below the Meadow grid, across from the Information Centre
We will have a aid station set up at the start finish area with the following items;
• Tailwind sports drink
SWC will provide a free smokie to every BTBB participant and volunteer starting at 10:30am out front of the Day Lodge.
• $10 for Junior and Open
• $5 for Youth and Jackrabbits
• All proceeds donated to cancer research
• Register on-line on Zone 4
• Registration ends at 6pm March 3rd
• On-line entries only please, no race day entries.
Course maps will also be posted in the SWC Day Lodge on race morning.